Eunice Public Library was founded in 1950, in a small building on Avenue J and has moved and grown. In 1958, the library was located in the Community Center until it outgrew its surroundings and had to be moved to our current location on Avenue N in 1980, which houses our current collection of about 23,542 books and media.
The main purpose of the library is to provide patrons with literature and information for entertainment, learning and research. Services the library provides: fax, email, email scans, printing and making copies. These services are also open to the general public, including public authorities, businesses, hospitals and schools.
Tara Parker, Library Director
Margie Tipton, Assistant Children’s Librarian
Melinda Cowan, Children’s Librarian
History & Innovations
1950 - Establishment of the library
1958 - Moved to Community Center
1980 - Moved to Avenue N
1986 - Added on an addition for the expansion of collection
1993 - Expanded include museum / art room / southwest collection
2007 - Public access to the online cataloging system and joined the ELIN consortium
2023 Statistical Data
Holdings: 23,542 Volumes
Computer: Over 12,000 Licensed Database Journals
Reader workstations: 8 Public PC Workstations for Users